Thread: Pat Warner's website is down

Pat Warner's website is down

I just typed in patwarner.com to check something I remembered seeing on his site and got a hosting page saying the site was temporarily unavailable. So I checked the Wayback Machine, the last archive was in September and from what I can tell from randomly clicking links on the homepage it's all there. Here's the link.https://web.archive.org/web/20170919...patwarner.com/

I called and left a message for Judy, I hope she'll call back and let me know what's up. I'd hate to see Pat's site go away, there was a lot of good info there and I'm not sure a search will pick it up from the archive site. Pat was a good friend and a great teacher, I'd like to see his site stay up as a tribute to all he's contributed to the community.

I'll let you guys know what I find out.

I believe he passed away or was very ill and they weren't taking any orders.

Yes. Unfortunately he's out of range to maintain his site, now. He passed away some months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Richards View Post
    Yes. Unfortunately he's out of range to maintain his site, now. He passed away some months back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    I believe he passed away or was very ill and they weren't taking any orders.
    I'm quite aware of that, Pat was a good friend, we emailed and talked often over the last 5 years. His son was the webmaster for the site but I don't have contact info for him other than his email address on patwarner.com which is obviously no good now.

Pat passed on July 28th this year from Lou Gehrig's disease(ALS), it's an incurable disease with a 100% fatality rate. If you want to learn more about it you can go to alsa.org. It's not a good way to go.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 11-23-2017 at 8:56 AM.

Yes, obviously your point is all the valuable information that was there should continue to be available. I was just there maybe a week ago. If the decision to close it was a money decision, I'm guessing we could cover the cost at least for a year with some sort of a fundraiser.

Did anyone purchase all of Pat's PDFs/Ebooks? I'd have completed my collection if I had known he was terminally ill. I purchased two of his PDFs and all of his physical books but I'd have liked to complete the collection. I'd be very interested in speaking with others who may have some of his work.

It is a total loss to the woodworking world to have him gone. I wish someone could've taken over his work and continued dispersing because the knowledge was too valuable to just toss it.

You can still access some of his web content via the Wayback Machine: Router Woodworking.