Thread: Paul Sellers screwed up...a big PR blunder damaging his hardearned reputation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Paul Sellers screwed up...a big PR blunder damaging his hardearned reputation

No one educates hand tool woodworkers like him as his teaching skills are second to none. But his recent giveaway campaign that requires people to give up their rights to make comments on the youtube channel to a third-party company(?) is a disaster in the making.

The steps to enter into his draw are unnecessarily complicated (you have to have a youtube account; open one if you dont; subscribe; answer a question; watch his video if you dont know the answer (ha! more views for him!); allow someone to comment on your behalf...). I dont know what else you need to do to enter because I never completed the steps.

All these for a Paul Sellers's signed #4?! Thank you very much; I won't fall for it.

The draw requires you to subscribe to his channel, meaning the exercise is another attempt to boast his subscriptions. What an irony that he is celebrating his 250,000 subscriptions with this giveaway!

Paul, if you are reading this, please scrap your draw and start it over. Just a simple draw: an email address and a simple math question, and NO youtube subscriptions or giving up any rights. You are risking your reputation as a woodworker, teacher and decent person. Why risk it all on just adding a few thousands of new subscribers to your account? There are many better and legitimate ways to make money for you!

Whoever in his crew organized and set up this entry system has done Paul a big disservice (Paul is not a technologically-trained person). Still the buck stops at Paul's desk.

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 11-23-2017 at 10:19 AM.