Thread: Lenox Diemaster 2 blades

Lenox Diemaster 2 blades

Where does everyone like to buy their Lenox Diemaster 2 bandsaw blades ? I want to try a couple of them and have no clue where to order them. I usually use Supercut blades.

Spectrum Supply

Woodcraftbands

Or you could call Louis Iturra at Iturra Designs in FL.

Bandsawbladesdirect.com sells them also.

Finally got around to ordering a couple of these blades. I went with woodcraftbands.com a nice person to deal with. I called on the phone and ordered two blades to try out. A 1/2 3 hook and a 1/4 6 hook both in Diemaster2. He asked if I minded waiting a couple days for him to ship and I agreed, this is just a hobby for me. They came today and are good looking blades.

Late to the conversation but was about to order a couple of Diemaster 2 blades and once again compared my two least expensive sources.
    Thought I'd drop by here to see if there were any new sources. Apparently not, unless Toolcenter is.

Spectrum I've used for years, Cyber Woodworking Depot (toolcenter.com) seems to be fairly new. This is for a 14" Rikon.

http://www.toolcenter.com/DM21-2x_025.html 1/2" x 4 tooth hook .025 thick, 111": 2 blades $78.52 + $7.95 shipping = $86.47

http://www.spectrumsupply.com/diemaster2.aspx
    1/2" x 4 tooth hook .025 thick, 111": 2 blades $76.82 + $35.28 shipping: $113.87

Pretty hard to ignore that shipping charge! Toolcenter quality is OK. I've a few problems but most was "user error"! Spectrum has always been top-notch.

Michael, I recently posted about Spectrum's shipping cost in another thread. They admitted to me, through email, that their web site only gives an estimate on shipping. PITA, I know, but you should probably call for an accurate price if you want to do business with them. I've used them several times in the past and while their service and product is fine, they need to get a handle on internet sales.

Give woodcraftbands.com a call. I paid way less than that for two 153" Diemaster2 blades. If I remember correctly I paid actual shipping cost. Somewhere around $8 and I did not even ask when I ordered the blades, just told him to send them when they were ready.

I have not even put one of them on the saw yet, after all the research I did to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    Give woodcraftbands.com a call. I paid way less than that for two 153" Diemaster2 blades. If I remember correctly I paid actual shipping cost. Somewhere around $8 and I did not even ask when I ordered the blades, just told him to send them when they were ready.
    +1 on buying from woodcraftbands. They are really great people to deal with and very competitive pricing.