Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fat free half & half?

Blog Entries
    Double post
    Last edited by Bill Jobe; 12-19-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    My mom once told me that when oleo margarine first came out the makers were not allowed to add yellow food coloring to it due to complaints from the dairy association, so they added a packet of coloring to the margarine package that you could mix in to make it look like butter.

I was raised on goats' milk from birth until about the age of 2 due to a severe reaction to cow's milk. My folks kept a goat in the back yard.

All these new food ingredients hit the dairy business hard. As a result dairy is highly subsidized. Think government cheese give-aways.

I had a realtor that swore off dairy because it was unhealthy. His reasoning was that no other animals drink the milk from a different animal so it as unnatural unhealthy. I remember thinking "When was the last time you seen a wolf cook a steak?" but I didn't say anything.

Blog Entries
    Interesting analogy, Cary.
    God put animals here for us to, not only drink the milk from, but also to eat.

Having said that, I haven't eaten meat for about 25 years.
    A video shot inside a packing house without the management knowing and later used as a documentary made me so sick to watch I haven't been able to bring myself to eat meat since. I do eat dairy, though.
    It wasn't til a few years ago that I learned buttermilk has almost no fat in it. I still don't understand that, what with its thickness.