Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harbor Freight Beal System?

https://www.pennstateind.com/store/LBUFFSYS.html this system is the same as the beall buffing system but is less expensive and it has the correct cloth wheels. It works great and I think less than 1/2 the beall cost at $55.00. I use it at 1700 rpm and it gives me the correct wheel configuration at 1700 rpm's.
    Last edited by Robert Willing; 12-06-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    JKJ, I use a drawbar as I often need to use the inside edge of the wheel on platters to buff the offset profiles. That puts outward pressure on the wheel and I have experienced the mandrel coming loose from the spindle. The drawbar is quick to apply and it gives me the comfort of knowing it is secure.
    Ah, that explains it! I've never buffed in that direction so I never thought of using the drawbar - thanks.

I made drawbars from both 1/4-20 and 5/16 all-thread for a variety of things such as jacob's chucks. Also, if I have a long spindle supported only by a morse taper I'll drill a hole in the end and hold it with a drawbar. I used that for these, over 2' long, taper to 1/16" or so:

pointers_IMG_20140311_11390.jpg

JKJ