Thread: Help With Parting Out a Machine: Delta 33-890 RAS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help With Parting Out a Machine: Delta 33-890 RAS

About eight years ago I purchased a used Delta 33-890 Radial Arm Saw. Over the years I have spent countless hours and more money than is reasonable trying to dial it in for precision work. I am no novice to woodworking machines and I have researched radial arm saws and applied that knowledge to no avail. I think the problem with this saw in particular could be the column/frame mount which seems to impart some deflection as the carriage travels along the arm. Anyway, I am done dealing with this machine and I want to get it out of my shop.

I have chosen to part out the machine. I'd like some opinions about what parts are of value that I should try to sell.

The overall condition of the saw is very good. There has been absolutely no rust probably due to spending most of its life in Colorado's arid climate. I'm thinking the following items are of some value.

The motor appears to be in very good condition and runs well. I think the bearings are in good condition since there is no play on the arbor. I did make an attempt to true the arbor flange, so there is evidence of that. The runout of the arbor bolt is less than 0.001".

The blade guard is complete with anti-kickback pawls.

Four carriage bearings, two eccentric bolts and guide rods would probably be usable.

I have the original legs, but they might not be of any value.

Should I sell the motor by itself or include the whole carriage assembly? Is there anything else that I should remove from the machine before scrapping the metal? What are fair prices for these components?

Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-07-2017 at 9:46 AM. Reason: Fixed tiny formating