Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion for undercabinet puck light

I can't tell you the exact dimension of the slot you would create. Lee Valley could provide you with that information. They may be press fit with the proper size recess...not sure. Again, I'll have to refer you to the vendor. I've only actually used the surface mount version, but I can tell you that the stuff is high-quality. I use the Lee Valley LED tape strip components, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I haven't used the extrusions which Lee Valley sells, but I have used ones from other vendors. On the flush-mount extrusion, there are small ridges on the outside of the extrusion. They look like they're intended for friction-fit into the slot in the wood. But the slot would have to be very very precise. It turns out that you can glue the extrusion in using good ol' Tightbond on the walls of the slot. The Tightbond doesn't bond to the extrusion. It does bond to the walls of the slot. The glue catches those small ridges mechanically, essentially making a friction fit on the extrusion even if the slot width is not perfect.

That's a good point about the glue, Jamie. Once cured, it would present a good physical barrier into those ridges to resist the channel coming out.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I used these.

https://www.banggood.com/50CM-SMD-57...r_warehouse=CN

Other options,

https://www.banggood.com/search/led-...aluminium.html

With a little soldering and a dimmer they are an awesome setup, I just surface mounted them about an inch back from the front lip of the cupboard, you cannot see them and the lights look great. I bought a power supply off the same website. I think my whole kitchen with dimmer was under $50.