Thread: Recognize this tool?

Recognize this tool?

This is the best hex bit holder I have seen, I've had it for a long time and don't remember the brand. It ejects the bit when the knurled collar is pulled toward the drill. Bits are inserted by just pushing them in, the collar doesn't have to be pulled back. The only thing it says on it is: "JAT PAT. PEND."
    It runs true with no wobble of the bits.
    The last picture shows the Snappy Tools holder for comparison.
    Anybody?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Built guitars in my basement for 10 years, mistakes went in the wood stove, was rarely cold.

Best funny woodworker line: "My worst fear is when I die my wife will sell all my tools for what I told her I paid for them"

For some reason I think it may be Polish? It is not a Boeing chuck is it? I think they are for round shank tools with three dimples .
    Bill

I have one the same or similar. I believe it was from Hitachi.
    Wood'N'Scout

I think I used to have something like that...I'll have to look in my shop's nooks and crannies. It looks really familiar for some reason. These days, I use the Snappy; specifically the Centrotec version, but I have one of the regular ones, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The Snappy is a good tool tool. Let me know if you discover the other one.
    Built guitars in my basement for 10 years, mistakes went in the wood stove, was rarely cold.

Best funny woodworker line: "My worst fear is when I die my wife will sell all my tools for what I told her I paid for them"

Yea, I will. I use the Centrotec Snappy thingie (technical term... ) to be able to use a number of 1/4" hex-standard drill bits and other things with my Festool drill/drivers. I also use a number of Snappy Centrotec "native" bits including drill/countersinks. They and Fisch both have offerings. The older "regular" Snappy is around from when I was using a Dewalt D/D, now retired. The old-old non-Snappy one, probably has been around since the early 2000s...hopefully I can find it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...