Hi, so I have a Jet JJP-12HH jointer planer combo, about 4 years old. Recently when planing stock there have been clunking noises, with the wood stopping for a second with each clunk and I have to really push it through. Looking at the manual the big causes are too much pressure on the rollers, too little tension on the chain, and worn sprockets.

I took it apart and did all the tune-up I could (reduced the pressure on the feed rollers, cleaned the rollers, made the tables coplanar again, replaced the drive belt with a link belt, cleaned and waxed the tables, etc). The sprockets and chain look fine to me. The chain is quite slack, however. My problem is there's nothing in the manual to tell you how to adjust chain tension and I can't seem to figure it out. There is what appears to be a tensioning pulley but it looks fixed in place to me.

I contacted Jet customer service, but while I wait for them to get back to me does anyone have any idea how to adjust chain tension on this machine? Thanks guys.

Ken