Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My idea of testing machinery.

Markus,
    This is just what was needed. The original post and the offshoots were getting to be a bit much. Realization that we needn't take magazine reviews and such so seriously nor personally couldn't be made more clear than with this thread.
    Doug- this was the crowning point of the last two days. Could barely stop laughing to type this.

Thanks for bringing some levity to the Creek.
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

As I used to use as my sig. in another (not to be mentioned) forum . . .

So... have you rubbed your Powermatic lately?

Excellent thread Markus
    Last edited by nic obie; 11-08-2005 at 8:56 PM.

I think we are using the straight edge and feeler guages in the wrong place. Shouldn't we measure the "WOOD" after we joint it to see if its straight?
    Dennis

Heavy metal, motorcycles, and woodworking machines ... sign me up!

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Markus - You mean we won't get a sticker that says "Charter Member - Awesome Woodworking Hells Yeah!!!"?

Yeah! Sign me up, too! Hey, maybe you could get some of the bands together and open for Ozzie? We could open with "WoodFest"!!! BUT, if you do that, you need to promise to get Coheed & Cambria in on the action! Kick-butt!!! Ah yes...And I can already see the Summer Picnic at Markus' place next year!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Right on!

Marcus:

YO!!!

I'm from the specailty magazine publishing field--and although my magazines' Editors never considered "advertiser support", I always yelled at the Editors to do so.

They hung me the finger and threatened to quit--they won--and we lost revenue..

BUT-we became the magazine of record for editorial excellence.

BICYCLING and BICYCLE GUIDE were the mags.

Bill Fields

www.billfields.net

hi Markus, Great post. I like the calendar proposal.
    Warning I've seen how Paul Cresti dresses. He definetly won't make GQ. I'll see if I can get him in a Brioni or Zegna suit and clean him up a bit. The chianti in the brown paper bag and screw top cap will have to go also.
    take care,
    John

Markus,
    I too have seen John's dress and I do mean dress We will most definately have to get him on some type of strick exercise regement as all us contributing "editors" need to look our best to impress the calender ladies... um....I mean to look good for the photo shoots. Hey Dev are you in tip top shape? I am beginning to wonder if you even exist? Never seen a picture, maybe you are some type of super woodworking machinery computer !

We should also add some segments on how to decorate your shop, how to choose machinery that matches and I think we should have a special segment on Dev traveling the country searching through junk machines to find deals on repairable beats! I can see it now Markus... TV shows... bumper stickers... merchandising....maybe your own tool line!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Good points, Markus. I bought my saw because it was orange, and it went well with the carpet in my garage. Still haven't gotten LOML to put on the bikini and drape herself all over the saw for calendar pics, but if she would, I'm sure it'd look hot.

Oh, and I liked the specs for its price range. That, too.

- Vaughn
    Vaughn,

Orange carpet in you garage?!? I have to ask what's up with that?
    Keel McDonald ><>

Still haven't gotten LOML to put on the bikini and drape herself all over the saw for calendar pics, but if she would, I'm sure it'd look hot.
    You better be talking about LOYL, not the saw.

Oh, and I liked the specs for its price range. That, too.
    You better be talking about the saw, not LOYL.

Marcus,

You rule! It is so easy for us to forget that Woodworking has almost nothing to do with wood. Thanks for the timely reminder.

Like other creekers, I keep a sleek black, fast, sexy lumber hauler up at the shop just to impress the neighbors. I know they talk about it all the time.
    car.jpg

Recently, some local kids were kind enough to install air conditioning in the shop. It works pretty good now and I know in December I will be the envy of all my neighbors.
    ac.jpg

I hope your views are adopted here at the creek. The design forum should be discussing where to put the hot tub in relation to the bandsaw not discussing the size of dovetails. What are they thinking????

I hope you set high standards for you new mag. Please don't make the mistake of some other mags and only offer great articles and beautiful pictures. I like advertising. Lots of advertising. Please allow 15-20 pages of ads for every paragraph of text or picture.

Thanks again. I'm off to enjoy the bottle of MD 20-20 and the Oscar Meyer tube steak that came with my Grizz.

Dave Fried

David, my 444 wasn't FAST until I stuffed a small block Chevy in it, then I called it my 0 - 90 car. Does the color black increase the HP or just make it slip thru the air better?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stube
    David, my 444 wasn't FAST until I stuffed a small block Chevy in it, then I called it my 0 - 90 car. Does the color black increase the HP or just make it slip thru the air better?
    Dunno how it works for Volvos, but apparently a decent paint job with graphics and a big rear wing are more crucial to performance than a turbo or a nitrous kit...at least judging by the stuff I see in my neighborhood. I think the term is "rice-power".

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    "Cough, wheez......." (and falls off chair).

Maybe you could get a free subscription with a donation Papa.