Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My idea of testing machinery.

I agree no Teutel-style choppers, but please tell me I'm not the only one here who remembers the Harley XFCR cafe racer...

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    I agree no Teutel-style choppers, but please tell me I'm not the only one here who remembers the Harley XFCR cafe racer...
    Slightly underpowered. the back end wasn't lively enough. it tended to coast instead of slide thru turns. The Yamaha TZ, or was it YZ 750 was the top dog.
    O'course on the dirt tracks, it was J Springer all the way.

California boyz' had Vance & Hines open up just down the road from Whittier Kawasaki, and blew everyone away with their stuff. Privateer's dream machines, until Honda imported some "Works" packages straight from Japan, and Freddie Spencer taught us all how to ride. 500cc bikes and he's doing wheelies at 175mph... Sheesh bro, might as well just get an old RM 250 and head to Gorman, eh.

Mike - My sternum is fine thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stube
    David, my 444 wasn't FAST until I stuffed a small block Chevy in it, then I called it my 0 - 90 car. Does the color black increase the HP or just make it slip thru the air better?
    Steve,

I don't want to get off topic but I have always assumed painting a car Black added 5-10 HP. You may right that it is just slicker hence reducing friction and giving the impression of increased horsepower. As Marcus has stated, it IS the fastest color. Other items known to increase horsepower are mag wheels, flames, and fuzzy dice.

I'm confident the same is true with woodworking machinery. Paint it black and add lots of chrome do-dads and your feed-rate, accuracy, and precision are sure to be greatly enhanced.

I expect this will all be covered in an upcoming issue of AWHY.

Dave
    Last edited by David Fried; 11-09-2005 at 9:53 PM.

While bike ratings should be based purely on the opinions of hot metal chicks at the bar, I do suggest a zero-to-blown rear tire time. It won't mean anything, but it'll be a fun way to spend an evening out front of the bar.
    Jay St. Peter

Now hold on there pardners' I'll give ya' the black is the coolest color, and maybe the fastest in blvd racining, but red paint always make the fastest bikes. Specifically, Ducati Red.

I've been trying to adapt a set of Centerline 15x10's to my Rikon 18" bandsaw, I figure I can run the bands on the monster BS at Hearne's in Pa. on my machine. I may need to dub out the tubs and make some room, not sure yet.

Anyone do this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler
    Slightly underpowered. the back end wasn't lively enough. it tended to coast instead of slide thru turns. The Yamaha TZ, or was it YZ 750 was the top dog.
    O'course on the dirt tracks, it was J Springer all the way.

California boyz' had Vance & Hines open up just down the road from Whittier Kawasaki, and blew everyone away with their stuff. Privateer's dream machines, until Honda imported some "Works" packages straight from Japan, and Freddie Spencer taught us all how to ride. 500cc bikes and he's doing wheelies at 175mph... Sheesh bro, might as well just get an old RM 250 and head to Gorman, eh.
    Yamaha TZ750 was the 2-stroke 4-cylinder roadrace bike: absolutely deadly in the hands of Kenny Roberts (senior) before he headed for Europe to teach them how to ride. (Who the heck you think Freddy learned from?)

"YZ" sounds like a motocross designation, but it may have been the 4-stroke twin dirt-track bike...also deadly (or at least dangerous) in the hands of KR. (Although I seem to recall they shoe-horned the TZ motor into a dirt-track frame for one race, a mid-70's version of "shock and awe". )

This thread must be in top 10 of 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
    Yamaha TZ750 was the 2-stroke 4-cylinder roadrace bike: absolutely deadly in the hands of Kenny Roberts (senior) before he headed for Europe to teach them how to ride. (Who the heck you think Freddy learned from?)

"YZ" sounds like a motocross designation, but it may have been the 4-stroke twin dirt-track bike...also deadly (or at least dangerous) in the hands of KR. (Although I seem to recall they shoe-horned the TZ motor into a dirt-track frame for one race, a mid-70's version of "shock and awe". )
    Lee -

How bout the Yamaha TS650? "Awesome Woodworking Hells Yeah!!!" centerfold worthy material.

GB
    Attached Images Attached Images