Hi,

Completely new here and to wood turning, so hopefully I'm posting in the right place.

I just picked up a wood lathe off craigslist. It's a DIY built floor model. The motor and everything runs great. The guy that I bought it from didn't have an actual chuck for it though. He apparently had moved the one he had to a newer lathe and sold that. Now I'm trying to find a chuck for this one.

It doesn't have the threaded post on the headstock that most of the chucks I'm finding online use though. It just has a tube with what I'm pretty sure is a MT2 on the inside, and smooth on the outside. It looks like whatever chuck he used before had set screws(can still see the marks from them). Any suggestions on a type of chuck that would work for this? The tube is about 1" in diameter. I'm not entirely sure what I'll end up turning on it, would love to mess around with things like bowls. Really just trying to figure out what kind of attachment the chuck needs to make this work.

It came with the spur drive center I think it's called, which fits in either the headstock or tail stock. And a live center is easy enough to get for it.

Thanks,
David
received_10155188567916918.jpeg