I have a Grizzly GO703P, 1 1/2 hp 220v machine. Currently it rolls around the shop on its frame and does a good job. I have 4" flex that I drag round as necessary. I never run more than one machine at a time. I've had the shop up for a couple years and have kinda wrapped my head around how I want it to set up as far as benches, tables, equipment, etc and will begin working towards that, if I can ever catch up with the honey-do list from my wife and two daughters. The dust collector is becoming a problem, not operationally, but in my head, noisy, large, etc. The shop has a 10' ceiling, attic trusses and all the electrical down-feeds from the top. I'm considering moving the dust collector up into the attic. I want to break it up. Mount the motor/cyclone unit up top and locate the dust barrel and pleat cylinder down into the shop space. The dust barrel is a snap. The pleat piping would require some fabrication, but I can handle that. The remote control I could re-wire onto the wall or ceiling. The outlet on the unit is 6" and I could run straight 6" about 10-12' and make a drop to the ceiling. I would go flex from that point and move it as needed to the table saw, jointer, planer, etc. When not connected I would hang it horizontally on the ceiling. Do you know of anyone who has taken a perfectly good DC apart and done something like this? My calculations say the unit can handle the lift. I spoke with Grizzly tech and no surprise they were unwilling to comment on a modified piece of equipment, which is fair. What do you think?