Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Record Vise Sale

Talking Record Vise Sale

I heard about this sale on another board and wanted to pass it on here. I purchased a Record 52ED woodworking vise at "Big Lots" a closeout style store.

You can locate stores at www.biglots.com

They have the vises for $29.99, this current vise is listed on Amazon for $89.95.

That is a great price, I purchased mine in Kansas City and the store in Lenexa still had two on the shelf, look up high though, they were on top.
    Last edited by Steve Roxberg; 06-25-2003 at 9:36 PM.

Steve,

Thanks I ran out to our local Big Lots tonight and bought one of the 2 they had. I guess it's the first thing I purchased there in years. Thanks for the heads up. It looks like they came from Lowes.

John

Closest Store

Yean, well according to their "closest store" search engine, I've gotta drive to someplace in Utah. Even if KC is a bit closer, it's sort of a long drive :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell
    Yean, well according to their "closest store" search engine, I've gotta drive to someplace in Utah. Even if KC is a bit closer, it's sort of a long drive :-)
    We have them in NY and it seems you have at least one in CT

Big Lots with Furniture Department
    1931 East Main Street
    Torrington, CT 06790
    Phone: (860) 489-1939

Problem is, much of the stuff they get is regional.

Rob, there's a bunch in CT..I'm down in Waterbury but you're closer to:
    3105 Berlin Turnpike, newington
    381 Broad Street manchester
    940 Silver Lane, Suite #D-1 E hartford
    968 N. Colony Rd. wallingford
    1380 Berlin Turnpike werhersfield
    1931 East Main Street torrington
    1235 Farmington Ave bristol
    guess I know what I'll be doing tonite
    There's no tool like an old tool

I went to a local Big Lots in Louisville, Ky. this morning, looked on the top shelf in the tool department and there was three vises. We had a $5.00 off coupon in our paper sunday for purchases of 20.00 or more but my wife threw it away. I asked the cashier if she had one and she said no but I have this and handed me a coupon for 20% off. I got it for $25.43 including tax. Thank you Steve.. Tom Stover

Interestiing ...

I know of the Ocean State Job Lots, and have been in the store in East Hartford (it wasn't called a Big Lots at the time).

You'd think there website would've told me what everyine here did. Now - about my route home today ...

Thx - Rob

Thumbs up Thanks Steve!

I picked up the last one at the closest store this am. Well worth a 30 mile round trip.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Thanks!

Thank You Steve!

I tried one store, no luck. Went to another one, no luck. But I figured I'd just take a look at all the random pallets on the floor to see if it was there. Nope. Went back near the 'tool dept.' and on the end of an adjacent isle, BINGO.

This is a great deal. Thanks again for the great heads up!

big lots...job lots...two different genus of the same species.Cheap stuff..Cheap..(sort of an oxymoron) We have two Job Lots within 5 miles..they had Jorgensen clamps on sale but not much of a savings (under $2.00) over the Tools-plus price...Big Lots..never found much of anything except for misc. items..none are close by but I'm taking the long way home tonight!

Thanks Steve

They had three in Dallas, Georgia. I bought one and will go back tomorrow for another. Never been in a Big Lots in my life, but I will go back, because I saw 12" out feed roller stands for $4.95 and all sorts of Pony brand vises and clamps. I am a sucker for a good deal.
    Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
    Don

Hey, Don, you got lots better stuff down there! I think CT is barren. I called 5 stores today and struck out at all 5. 'course the people I talked to weren't quite sure what a vice was. I can only hope they've not gotten this far north/east...yet. So it goes...

I went to two stores here in Austin, TX. No luck. I did pick up two 4' Jorgensen bar clamps for $5.99 each. I'm going to check a third store tomorrow. The bar clamps still had the Lowes sticker on them.

Mark D.

I got the last record in the greenwood IN, Biglots on 31. Good deal

I gotta move outa New England!!