Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People wear this stuff?

Most modern eccentric duds are for publicity. But some nutty and uncomfortable things had long runs. Women wore extremely tight ,even damaging corsets. Mens coats in early 18th century pulled the shoulders way back. Sleeves had more bend in them and were close fitting. To them your custom fitted suit would be a Zoot suit. Take a look at a ZS

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    First, what kind of mind thinks this stuff up?
    Second, who, in their right mind would wear it?
    Just who thinks the designer is famous? For what?
    https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...sp&cnt=&or=scn
    I think the scarves are from a trend Ralphie's brother started.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Most modern eccentric duds are for publicity. But some nutty and uncomfortable things had long runs. Women wore extremely tight ,even damaging corsets. Mens coats in early 18th century pulled the shoulders way back. Sleeves had more bend in them and were close fitting. To them your custom fitted suit would be a Zoot suit. Take a look at a ZS
    Love that! I want a zoot suit just like this one:
    image30992.jpg
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Heck I would wear it and I am a guy. Of course I would have to be paid tens of thousands of dollars a day. ñ
    Bill D

The thing that I really find -- what's the word, amusing? Sad? Ironic?

-- is the fact that Every Single One Of Those Models looks like they just found out their paychecks bounced...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

That zoot suit is a lot tighter than the originals!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    That zoot suit is a lot tighter than the originals!
    I've never seen an original. I'll go look for a period picture for sure.
    But this little beauty is only $139 and I'm thinking it might be great for my cousin's upcoming wedding. Or at least Halloween.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I remember a line from a sit com of "they look like the eyes of a dead shark"
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    First, what kind of mind thinks this stuff up?
    Second, who, in their right mind would wear it?
    Just who thinks the designer is famous? For what?
    https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_Ne...sp&cnt=&or=scn
    If you're faint of fashion heart, I suggest you not poll SMC members on what they wear!

My youngest daughter (the fashionista police) calls my closet "The Museum of Plaid".

I expect that that a lot of us grey haired members have similar fashion faux pas hiding in their closets.............Rod.

My younger daughter just had her senior pictures taken. Of course she wanted to wear the style of the day- ripped jeans. I thought it was stupid but my wife disagreed. How else to make my daughter cringe when she looks at them in 30 years? After that I was all for it!

But I doubt if the world would be much better off if wood workers designed clothes. I have to apologize for the quality of the picture but it was a screen shot.

From "Slippery Silks", The Three Stooges 1936:
    ssilks.jpg

-Tom