Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GF Enduro WHITE Poly for cabinet doors?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    Based on comments in another thread, this would appear to be the exact pressure-assisted gun that John TenEyck referenced (or at least one of them).

Note that basically any conversion gun could be made "pressure-assisted" by retrofitting with PPS and a dual-output regulator similar to the one that Jeff Jewitt ships with his 6008...
    Yes, I have the Qualspray AM-6008- HVLP gun with a H/O PPS cup.

Not all PPS cups are the same. You need one designated as H/O, which has a pressure inlet hose fitting, if you want to make a pressure assisted gun.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Patrick, thanks for that comment about the dual-output regulator and PPS. I’ll consider that.

I’m also considering a new gun setup, as I was so happy with spraying with the HF gun that I can’t imagine not spraying and am willing to invest in a new gun that opens up other spray options. I’m not sure if the AM-5008 or 6008 is right for me. I’m planning to call Jeff tomorrow.
    They look to me like very similar guns, except that the 5008 is gravity feed and the 6008 uses a pressurized siphon feed.

As the blurbs say, the 6008 is what you'd want if you're shooting thick stuff as referenced in your original post.

Matt,

I've had excellent results on kitchen cabinet doors using Sherwin Williams Pro Classic Enamel.

I think the satin finish is very nice and the paint is extremely durable.

I used that same purple HF gun. Some thinning is still required.

It is an oil based product.

After messing around quite a bit, I concluded its just not worth the hassle to try to spray WB paint through a 1.4 tip.

Well I just drove over to Strongsville and picked up a 6008 with PPS from Jeff. Super nice guy and of course he knows his stuff and is happy to answer my questions.

Guess we can close this thread out as I can now spray ProClassic. Just have to throw some money at it!

Good choice Matt. That's the gun I have and it sprays everything from waterbased dyes to BM Advance (haven't had a need to spray ProClassic yet but I'm sure it will) with the 3 N/N included in the kit. If you run into any issues you'll find help from several folks here who use that set up.

John

Thanks John, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    Note that basically any conversion gun could be made "pressure-assisted" by retrofitting with PPS and a dual-output regulator similar to the one that Jeff Jewitt ships with his 6008...
    For completeness, here is the dual-output regulator from the 6008. Jeff also sells a "pass-through" version that only regulates the flow to the cup, i.e. it passes the air supply to the gun unregulated. As John pointed out, you need the more expensive H/O PPS cups for either to be useful.

Patrick, I have the one with the H/O PPS cup. I also bought the aluminum cup.