Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Table Saw Table Dressing

Ok, I read this thread this morning.... I'm out of Top Kote, and need to apply another coat to my TS. So, I was in Lowe's today and picked up a tub o' Johnson's wax.... Thanks guys, y'all just cost me $4.98 plus tax (cheaper than Top Kote). See what happens when I hang out here. If it aint too cold tomorrow, I'll be waxing all my tools...
    Go Big, or Go Home... He who has the gold, makes the rules

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kent Cori
    I suspect the humidity in Oklahoma will be low enough that paste wax alone will keep the rust away. Unfortunately, that is not the case in a garage shop in Florida. I use Boeshield T-9 followed by two coats of paste wax. This lets me have the protection of T-9 and the slick surface of a good wax. When I use paste wax only, my cast iron surfaces rust in just a couple of days.

Try the paste wax first as it will likely be all you'll need. If that isn't enough, T-9 should take care of your problem.
    Ever seen the "corrosion map" put out by the National Association of Corrosion Engineers? I saw one that was either published by them or reproduced in one of their journals that showed the highest corrosion rates in the country right along the gulf coast of Florida, LA and Texas.

Even though I am 2 miles from the Pacific, with a lot of moist "sea mist" fog and salt buildup on the windows every few months, my area is about half as corrosive as the gulf area. Not sure why, but maybe its a combination of the heat and humidity down there (here, when its hot, its dry!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Parks
    ...I'll be waxing all my tools...
    Must...resist...wise...remark...

- Vaughn