Hello, I am fairly new to the forum and this is my first post(just a heads up lol)
I am taking an old Lang furniture 6 drawer dresser and turning it into an armoire for a friend and what I have done is removed the top 4 drawers and dismantled them so I could take the faces and mount to some hardboard so that I can put them back and it still looks like the same dresser just now with a top door. It has worked great thus far, I glued and screwed all the faces to the hard board and did a dry fit and it fits nicely inside the dresser but I am not sure what is the best hinge to use here or what kind of extra support I need to add to the door and/or dresser. My door is 27 1/4 tall by 26 3/4 wide and I am guessing weighs about 10 lbs. It is an inset door and there is nothing but the 3/4" mdf dresser side to screw to. Should I add an hardwood frame to the door and another piece to the dresser side to screw hinges into?
So to recap my questions, what is the best hinge to use on this project and how much if any support should I add to hang the door. Thanks in advance for your help.