Thread: Grizzly G1538 Band saw Part needed

Grizzly G1538 Band saw Part needed

Hey Guys and Gals, I am looking for table inserts for my Grizzly G1538 16" Band saw. They are no longer available through Grizzly. Anyone have any outlets to try? Thanks , Lance

I just make my own. Pretty easy if you have a bandsaw................

Blog Entries
    +1

I have some commercial inserts I picked up but I have never yet used them. Still going through the ones I made up for myself.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I have a G0514X and had been buying inserts until my son bought a 3d printer. Now he can make them for a few cents of plastic. If you go to thingiverse.com, and make a search for "grizzly insert", you can see the insert posted there. The insert may be similar to your saw's requirement. In any case, if it is the right shape, you can use readily available software to scale it up or down to get a good fit. Other small items that can be made easily are foot plate inserts for jigsaws, caps for caulking gun tubes or even adapters for vacuum ports.

I make my own out of aluminum sheet that I got on eBay. It comes to about $2-3 per insert.
    Zach

I make the inserts for my non-Grizzly 18" bandsaw from very thin plywood. I drill and tap a couple of holes near the rim for tiny set screws for fine adjustment, just like the originals. I made several of these at once and have been using them for at least 10 years. I don't know about the Grizzly but my saw uses round inserts so I turned a stack of plywood disks perfectly round on the lathe.

If you want to buy instead of make them, you might call Iturra Design and see if he has them or knows where to get them.

JKJ

Finally! A use for 3D printers for woodworking!

Hey everyone, I contacted Grizzly, They said that the P1012044A will work for my bandsaw. I will be ordering a few from them. The shipping costs more than the part. It figures. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Last edited by John K Jordan; 04-23-2018 at 9:20 PM.