Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missing Table Saw Guards

I use mine after i put my thumb in my ss. I was using it with just a rk at the time. I used the rk after kickback with nothing. I am a slow learn i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    I use mine after i put my thumb in my ss. I was using it with just a rk at the time. I used the rk after kickback with nothing. I am a slow learn i guess.
    Dont think you.re a slow learner. Bad habits die hard is more likely the case. I use a SawStop and a neighbor once came to my shop for a quick cut and asked me how he could remove the blade guard so he could see. He was def old school.

Simon

It would be nice to see some photos of shop made guards that work well.

I wonder if you would have liability for injuries if you sell a used saw without a guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I wonder if you would have liability for injuries if you sell a used saw without a guard.
    In this day and age, I bet with the right lawyer you could sue Sawstop for not putting their kit on a saw that was made before the company existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Pisano View Post
    It would be nice to see some photos of shop made guards that work well.
    Here's what I use on my Unisaw. It's an old Sears TS guard that I added dust collection to and mounted to an overhead, articulated arm. There is a block of wood at the top of the splitter that keeps the guard centered over the blade. Of course, the guard doesn't tilt with the blade, but you can use it when cutting dados. No system is perfect.

John

Take a look at the saw guard made by Harvey. It is an overhead but looks like a decent design. They are priced in the 550-650 range. Dave