Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sawstop Brake & Freud Blade Issues, Tips?

I've not heard that "chipping" complaint about Freud either. I generally avoid them with SawStop because of the anti-kickback feature, but have found them to cut well.

Hadn't heard of that .145" kerf blade, must be for some special use or material, but I'm pretty sure Popular makes a "normal" kerf rip blade.

Me too. I love my Freud blades, and have several. My favorite is the 24T Industrial ripper. Aside from ripping well, it also has a flat top tooth here and there, and leaves a flat bottom kerf which is good for inlays, quick dados, etc.

My only complaint about it is the above mentioned readjusting to use it on my SawStop because it is 250 MM, not 10 real inches. Just enough to make me readjust the SS. So I use it on my old Uni which I kept for dados, etc.

Heck, I have an old 80(?) tooth with black coating from waay back, about 25 years ago, that was on my RAS. Wy wife accidentally tried to cut a steel carpenters square with it. She got almost an inch into it before deciding those sparks shouldn't be there, and quit to call me at work and ask. She thought it was part of the fence.

The blade still worked fine and I left it on the saw for a while. Eventually resharpened it, and it is still in the blade drawer ready to go.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

No problems with Freud 50 tooth combo or 24 tooth glue line rip. But be sure to check clearance when switching between brands. I had an expensive unintended misfire.

Have a ICS version with several blades (some are Freud which are indeed smaller than 10"). Have to adjust between swaps but no problem with any blade so far.