Thread: Neighbor Shares His Rust Hunt

Blog Entries

Neighbor Shares His Rust Hunt

My neighbor is a kind of wheeler dealer kind of guy. He and his son always seem to be working on a car. Yesterday during my usual visit to the mailbox he called to me. He asked me about needing clamps.

Well, you know the old saying about never having too many clamps… So we walked to his large shed, another of his rust hunt finds to what must be at least a half ton of various clamps. He had them sorted by length and type. He didn't have but two pipe clamps, one of them missing an end. He threw those in with four 36" clamps that caught my fancy:

Jorgensen Clamps.jpg

Most of them look to be U.S. made Jorgensen clamps. There were a few other makes.

These are fairly heavy I-beam construction. They also seem to have a lot of glue drippings.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Nice find. Those glue drippings tell of a lot of glue ups.

Wish my trips to the mailbox were as productive.

Handy dandy. You can get your cardio done just carrying those around your shop. Those beam clamps can except some serious pressure if needed.
    Jim

I got some of those a few years back at a garage sale. They work great, but they get real heavy real fast. Nice score, though.

Blog Entries
    they get real heavy real fast.
    Yes they do. They seem to be heavier than a pipe clamp of the same length.

Anyone in this area should keep an eye on Craigs List if they have any interest. They would likely cost a good chunk of change to ship.

He got them from an on line GSA sale.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 06-28-2018 at 1:30 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)