Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lie-Nielsen Plane Choice

My favorite plane sizes are a 5 and 5 1/2 so I upgraded my Stanley planes to LN and LV planes. I have a LV BUJ and a LN 5 1/2 and use them for 80% of my hand plane task. Using a LV and/or LV plane is a pleasure regardless of what type you purchase.

Hmmmm.
    IMG_5224 (640x480).jpg
    hmmmmm.. No. 3c
    shavings.jpg
    Hmmm..No. 4c...
    shavings.jpg
    Hmmm, No. 7c....
    IMAG0052.jpg
    Hmmm, No. 5-1/2....smooth sole...2-3/8" wide iron.
    stanley.jpg
    Hmmm..No. 5c.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Williams View Post
    Without a doubt the #3 is my favorite, I am so bothered that I never got a 5 1/4 when LN made them. I have been trying for a long time. I just love the #3. Derek I love that tote and knob, maybe I will try and make one someday as I can't get them anymore. Thank you
    Find an old Stanley/Bailey #4 and use the tote and knob from them. Put the LN's tote and knob on the #4 and sell it.

If you are in the PNW, PM me.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Find an old Stanley/Bailey #4 and use the tote and knob from them. Put the LN's tote and knob on the #4 and sell it.

If you are in the PNW, PM me.

jtk
    I never even thought they would fit or work, I have a #3 with rosewood and a bunch of rosewood handles for others in a box going to try that! Thanks. I just never thought to try it but they may fit!