Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vacuum veneering question

I had a friend of mine in our woodworking club (Gwinnett Woodworkers Association) build mine using Joe Woodworker supplies. If you want a DETAILED video of how he did mine it's available on YouTube. I can't figure out why it won't inbed but if you go to YouTube and search Gwinnett Woodworkers Association - Bob Brokaw - vacuum press it will show up. He went all out with the design but what do you expect with a retired engineer. Works fantastic but he did use all higher end stuff so it was pretty expensive even with him building it for free for me. The pump alone was like $300 - there are cheaper routes. Here's the link (is that kosher?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eVtHIeCvBs
    Last edited by Rick Alexander; 08-15-2018 at 10:53 AM.

A very budget friendly option for smaller projects that I started out with is the Roarockit skateboard vacuum press kit. I made several panels with this. Not one has had any issues since. I did not like the black seal on their vacuum bags so just got a regular vacuum bag closure to replace them with. I've since upgraded to a large vacupress pump kit which has been excellent.