Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Free Tools...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I can see where this might be useful for both portability and storage, given that many folks don't have the best situation to store a big piece of insulation foam as an alternative method, even when it's cut into sections.
    I would consider buying for exactly this reason. Storing a couple boards is a lot easier than foam I use currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Christensen View Post
    Some of us don't like foam dust either.
    Never had a bit of foam dust. It doesnt make any.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Huh, I was hoping for more I guess. If I had space concerns and couldn’t store a 4x8 sheet of insulation, I’d probabaly just lay down some 1x’s or 2x’s, adjust my depth of cut, and cut away. Suppose the LV method is smoother and fancier though.

Thank you, Rob!
    UPS just dropped off my 'major award', postmarked from my wife's home town, and it looks like something I'll actually use. I don't have a lot of shop space and (to save my back) usually end up breaking down sheet goods as soon as I bring them home. Sometime I can cut manageable pieces by sliding the sheet part way off the back of my pickup or if I need long pieces, slid off the back off the truck onto saw horses in the driveway. This will store in less space than foam and, if I set it up on sawhorses (using 2x4's as a base) there will be room to use my track saw clamps to keep the track from wandering and it will still be strong/straight enough to crawl around on. Rob, thanks again for your continued support here.

IMG_4903.jpg, IMG_4906 -C.jpg, IMG_4905 -C.jpg

Picked the box up Rob and I've already thought of another way to use them beyond their designed intent. ...Thanks...Pete
    Pete, Care to share? My first thought was to use something like this to hold hardwood bed slats in a vertical position to eliminate the need for center support on queen/king size beds. (Rob, put your product developers on this and send me a free set when you launch)

I think when glueing they could hold the boards up to keep pipe clamps from touching.

If you are using the Veritas guide, 2 inch foam board does not work. The larger clamps are not large enough, plus with the way they lock down, they just crush the foam. These are a great solution when coupled with the guide.

Outstanding - simple & effective!
    I can see a set of these in my immediate future.

I've been looking for a good light easy to stow solution to the problem of using a cordless track saw in the parking lot where I pick up sheet goods.

This should be just the ticket!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I think when glueing they could hold the boards up to keep pipe clamps from touching.
    You could also have alternative cross pieces that have half-rounds to keep the clamps from moving laterally. 'Just need to be sure the whole assembly is level first.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by John Stankus View Post
    I know I am not in the first 10 but here is my circular saw and my track saw.

First you see my circular saw. This is of course filed rip. Key here is matching the correct tooth pitch to the sales circular thickness.
    Attachment 391517

And here you see my track saw. This is filed cross cut.
    Attachment 391516

John
    Wow! Not even a groan from the Peanut Gallery.

Thankfully, Rob appreciates a play on words. I am grateful that Rob (and this top 10 giveaway) "goes to eleven".

To some of the naysayers I say "cool it with the negative waves", there are quite a few opportunities beyond the cutting rack for these. I can see a slab surfacing router jig with this, among other things.

John

(did manage to get a Spinal Tap and a Kelly's Heroes reference into my post )

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Verwoest View Post
    If you are using the Veritas guide, 2 inch foam board does not work. The larger clamps are not large enough, plus with the way they lock down, they just crush the foam. These are a great solution when coupled with the guide.
    Same issue with the ez smart track. They launched it for a reason. May not be for you, but I think it’s nifty. This is a good portable solution for me. Not only for breaking down sheet goods, but also as low saw horses. Reminds me of low Japanese saw horses.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 08-23-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Go away for a week or two and look what I missed.

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
    Marshall
    ---------------------------
    A Stickley fan boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Harrison View Post
    Go away for a week or two and look what I missed.

If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.
    I'd say you're lucky - you know all of us, don't you?

Rob, your guys were pimpin' them at IWF. I didn't see the ones that fit in dog holes mentioned in the thread yet, those are actually more interesting to me.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...61&cat=51&ap=1
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Huskey View Post
    Rob, your guys were pimpin' them at IWF. I didn't see the ones that fit in dog holes mentioned in the thread yet, those are actually more interesting to me.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...61&cat=51&ap=1
    Yes - they're good too! Glad to hear the gang is working hard, and isn't in a bar somewhere......

Cheers -

Rob

No point going to the bar to drink American beer, after all it is only coloured water.