Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rip fence design ?

SLR fence stops short of first upper pressure roller on the head and goes about one links worth of feed chain, just short of kick back fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    For the application I speak of...it doesn't slide, other than potentially for placing it so it ends just beyond the blade like you can with a UniFence or almost every fence on a Euro slider. It's just a low version of the fence which can often be easier to work with when ripping thinner stock than the taller fence simply because it gives more clearance for one's hand and push block/stick.
    In this case jim I’m using the low fence so that the feeder wheels can straddle the cut Providing feed for both the keeper piece and the off cut. this is a right tilt and so the blade on bevel cuts the low fence will not foul.
    jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    SLR fence stops short of first upper pressure roller on the head and goes about one links worth of feed chain, just short of kick back fingers.
    Yep. I meant to take a picture of mine today and failed.

A rip saw style fence likely won't work as well on a tablesaw with a powerfeed, if that's the goal. The belt on a sir is a lot of contact area, and mine has probably eight rows of pressure rollers on either side of the blade.

There really is no replacement for a rip saw.

jack
    English machines

I should be an expert but I am not.

Richard Poitras
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006