Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tape

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    You might consider a roll system to apply facing to the tape/carrier backing and then cut to size.
    This is what I was thinking as well. The only real difference I see from the roll to the sheet for storage is the roll is cheaper to produce, because you don't need backing on both sides of the tape during storage.

Out of curiosity, did Bron have anything they could offer you or was that a dead end for this Brian?
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Strouce is sending samples. Seems time consuming to unroll, apply tape to another backing, make sure it's flat then cut. 100,000 times...
    If all goes well I may have to get a machine made to apply the tape somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    He only would need 278 rolls of 12inch x 60 yard roll
    You're right, I was factoring 12x12", not 12x6"...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Robison View Post
    Strouce is sending samples. Seems time consuming to unroll, apply tape to another backing, make sure it's flat then cut. 100,000 times...
    If all goes well I may have to get a machine made to apply the tape somehow...
    They are pros at what they do. We did a job that was laser cutting the drapes from the U.S. Senate into pieces. The customer sent all the pieces of the drapes to them and they applied the adhesive backed sheets and shipped them to us. They were perfectly done. Those people know their industry. First class operation.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.