Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My shop shots prompted by Ken Shoemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale
    Bart, i like how you've organized those storage bins! since mine don't have a real home, they tend to hang out on any available horizontal surface and are always in the way. I may have to copy that idea if you don't mind.

Great looking shop!

Brian
    Brian I have found that in a small shop cabinet doors on big cabinets such as this one are more trouble than they are worth. As you probably know something like a piece of sheet goods will get set in front of the cabinet & then you either have to move the sheet goods or lean it away from the cabinet & then open the door to get at what you need. So I just didn't put doors on the cabinet.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Bart,
    I like your shop...it feels like home...stuff gets made there...you can lose pizza there and every thing is near by.....I hate shops with miles of space and no sawdust...those are the guys that know everything about their tools and very little about woodworking,pizza or BBQing turkeys. So there.
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Thanks Mark

I would like it to be a little bigger just so I have a little more assembly room. With what I've learned I think I could do wonders in a 20'x24' or a 20'x30' or a 24'x30' with 10' ceilings.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Bart, Ken beat me to the 10 pounds of stuff in a 5-pound box line, but I'm impressed by how organized everything is. You've got a great setup, and everything looks accessible and easy to find. Like Mark said, it looks like stuff gets made there. Thanks for the pics.

- Vaughn

Bart---Great shop, and excellent use of space, amazing really.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Nice use of space. And, for once, a shop which in fact looks well used. Mine qualifies for that as well. (:
    Alan Turner
    Philadelphia Furniture Workshop

Bart,

That is a sight to behold I believe that is about the most efficient use of shop space I have seen yet. My shop is much smaller than yours and I plan on studying your pictures in hopes to "borrow" some of your ideas to improve the utilization of space in mine. I plan on adding a lathe as soon as I can find/make a footprint for it.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bart, I just know that if you tried real hard you could fit another machine in that shop.
    Great pictures, thanks for posting.
    take care,
    John

bart, nice shop man! tod

Bart,
    Your shop looks "busy" which is a compliment. Looks like a working shop not a stand around watch tv and talk about working shop.

I like the signs posted on the bandsaws...great idea! I keep safety glasses on the cutting surface of all my power tools. I can't cut any stock without picking up the safety glasses. That keeps me from doing the "It's only on cut, I don't need glases." mistake.
    James

I was thinking maybe those of you with small shops may want to see a better picture of my storage options.

1. is a better shot of my main storage shelves.

2 & 3. are shots of my overhead shelving.

4. is a shot showing how my lathe bench was constructed & the fact that this ain't no premadona shop.

Yes I do have to move things around a bit sometimes to get to what I want to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice Bart, thanks for the pics. Very well organized shop and some real nice equipment. Congrats!

Corey