Thread: ClearVu Install

ClearVu Install

I have been working on installing my CV1800. It is all up but for the ducting. And of course, the first piece brings up a question. The square to round conversion piece that ClearVu provides has an ID of 6.25". I am using metal ducting so the OD is a hair over 6", leaving a pretty big gap all around. I would rather not just tape or caulk it in place and hope it holds (nor attach it with screws and caulk) or doesn't leak. The flexible tubing is a bit bigger OD, but still a biggish gap. The acrylic gates I bought have the same issue, so perhaps part of the problem is trying to use both PVC and metal.

Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? I checked ClearVu's webpage and couldn't find anything. I also reviewed the photo galleries and it seemed that many just screwed/taped the pieces together.

I am calling ClearVu but wanted to ask people here for thoughts and suggestions as well.

IMG_20180927_174621677.jpg
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

Blog Entries
    I'm going to bet something like a Fernco boot is going to be your best bet.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I used a fernco fitting that I bought for $1.50 from a Habitat for Humanity store. It worked great and was dirt cheap.

You could also wrap the duct with Gorilla tape until the diameter is just snug enough to fit inside the unit and then use foil tape to seal and hold it in place.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Make two flanges which fit tightly over each diameter and silicone each to the duct and cyclone and bolt the flanges together. Plywood or MDF would do for material.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening