Thread: Oak veneer door skins

Oak veneer door skins

Hi All,

Anyone have an ideal where I could order a few door skins. Tried ever where local and then all over the USA, no one would ship to New Mexico.

Many thanks,
    Ken Reidy
    Albuquerque, NM

Joe Woodworker can likely help you... https://www.joewoodworker.com/
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I buy veneer from my local lumber yard or Woodcraft. Oakwoodveneer.com is also a good source. If you are looking for Oak Veneered 5mm panels then oyu can get theem at Home Depot or Lowe's
    Gary

Door skins seem to have gone away. However, eighth-inch plywood in 4'x8' size still is around. I think its primary use is re-skinning kitchen cabinets in place, and the larger sheet gives the re-skinner more ways to lay out his cuts. Of course, while the plywood is called eighth-inch, it is more like 3/32".

I just re-skinned my basement door with a Mahogany 4x8 x 1/4" ply and it worked great. I'm sure Oak would work too.
    I took took opportunity to add some solid foam insulation while I had it open, but one warning - I used Elmer's contact cement, and I was/am TOTALLY convinced another brand would be better.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

You can buy 1/16" thick veneer in some species from Certainly wood, but if you need thicker than that you will have to find someone local to make them for you. 1/16" rolls up for shipping, 1/8"+ does not. https://www.certainlywood.com/result...0figured%20red