Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth buying a new in box saw stop pcs 1.75 hp from a private seller

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    We had a huge Amazon, returned products, warehouse sale, here in Lebanon, TN. There were 3 SawStop's listed for sale, initially at 40% off and finally going to 70%.

I tried to find them, and was thinking of buying one, but the warehouse was dark and pretty unorganized.

So it could well be a legit item.

From the rails and fence standpoint, I just replace my SawStop PCS fence and rails with the Incra LS-TS system, so if you are looking for a set of rails, I might have some for sale.

om me if you are interested.
    Incra system is the way to go, i ahve one on my unisaw and it is fantastic.

2. Do the cast iron wings come in the box with the saw or is that a separate box too ?

The Incra system was $1100 shipped to me. That didn't include the router lift ($350). I bought a Jessum Master Lift II. I have the Woodpecker's V2 lift in my router cabinet, but I think I'll like the Jessum unit better.

The Inca system was easy to install after I popped down to Tractor supply to buy four 8mm bolts. Incra sends you a bunch of different bolts for a variety of different saws, but not what was necessary for the SawStop.
    Important to note that the price Chris notes is for the full Incra Table Saw Jointery system with router table & Wonder Fence. The current price on that is about $900 and you could also just get the 52" TS fence for about $550. Adding the other parts later is more than just biting the bullet once, but if you're pretty sure you're not going to put a router table on the saw the bill comes down a good bit. I'm a fan of my Incra stuff--and never thought i'd own any of it at all.
    earl

I bit the bullet and bought the saw. It was clearly in the original packaging and I did an inventory per the user manual. All the parts except the fence and rails are there but I knew that going to see it. Not a single scratch on it. The seller is either an extremely successful thief with an 8000 sq ft warehouse where I picked it up or a reseller/liquidator. All kidding aside, he was a reseller and it was a legit business. If it starts up then I consider it fair deal at the very least and if it turns out to be a lemon then lesson learned. I know the seller will not accept returns or warranty from the manufacturer but sometimes you just take the risk. So far it is a very pretty paperweight.
    I actually kind of glad the fence was not included because not I can buy any aftermarket system I want.
    Stay tuned.

wings came in the main box

Congrats. Share pics when all set up.

Chris,

Check with Sawstop. If the saw hasn't been registered you may have the warranty available. I bought one under the same circumstances and Sawstop honored the warranty.

Cliff

Will do thank you

Wow. I just completed setting it up and powered it up for the 1st time and it sounds so quiet and smooth. What a beautiful saw especially coming from a screaming job site saw. 100% worth it and now time to shop for a fence and decide which mobile base to buy. Thank you all for you feedback and input
    IMG_5472.jpg IMG_5473.jpg

Will do. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post
    Chris,

Check with Sawstop. If the saw hasn't been registered you may have the warranty available. I bought one under the same circumstances and Sawstop honored the warranty.

Cliff

Looks fine, Chris. Get the ICS mobile base, you won't regret it.

I also just got a Forrest Woodworker II Thin Kerf 40T saw blade and the SawStop Thin Kerf Riving Knife and it's so quite cutting and so smooth.

I was using the Forrest Woodworker II 40T 1/8" kerf and that was nice, I've used it for about 2 years and sent it out for sharpening and it came back looking like a new blade, pretty cool for $36 including shipping.

Great tips. Thank you
    Just wondering about a 52in fence...2 car garage so it gets crammed midway through an active project.

I also just got a Forrest Woodworker II Thin Kerf 40T saw blade and the SawStop Thin Kerf Riving Knife and it's so quite cutting and so smooth.

I was using the Forrest Woodworker II 40T 1/8" kerf and that was nice, I've used it for about 2 years and sent it out for sharpening and it came back looking like a new blade, pretty cool for $36 including shipping.

I can't saw I've really needed that extra length. If I'm cutting plywood, I go to my track saw or for thin long stuff, my mitre saw.

I had the same issue with my garage, in my last house, had to roll the saw away to allow the wife to park her car. I made a flip up/fold down out feed table to minimize the storage space. I bolted it to the rear rail with a heavy duty piano style hinge and it had two fold up legs.

If you are worried about space get the 37" fence. Also consider the ICS mobile base. I have the one that was with the saw as a free promotion. It works, but you have 2 fixed casters so it is harder to move. When I received my saw the freight Company forgot or didn't have the rails. Did not know this because I didn't know how they were packaged. Had the fence just no rails. A little talking with the seller at CPO Tools, they sent me the rails at no cost. The T-glide is real nice and accurate to a 1/16" or less. Love it! Aftermarket Incra would be nice, but they take up room. The other one to consider would be Super Cool Tools, and fabricate your own fence rails; or John Heins wooden fence system. Get the extra cartridges when you order a fence. Dan