Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drill bits

Look for "aircraft drill bit set"

Quote Originally Posted by David Tolsky View Post
    Does anyone make a full set of drill bits where the lengths of the bits including the shanks are all the same length? I could really use a set from the very smallest in circumference to pretty large. Thanks for any help you can provide
    A fast search for "aircraft drill bit set" in amazon can bring results as this set from Grizzly or this one from Peachtree (https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Drill.../dp/B0013EOWCE). There are other options. I hope it helps.

All the best,

Your geometry is off. hex keys get longer, on both legs, as the hex size increases. To make them even the holes will have to be deeper and deeper as the hex size increases. If the holes are drilled to the same depth the keys will stair step up in height as the size increases.
    Bil lD

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Your geometry is off. hex keys get longer, on both legs, as the hex size increases. To make them even the holes will have to be deeper and deeper as the hex size increases. If the holes are drilled to the same depth the keys will stair step up in height as the size increases.
    Bil lD
    Note he is talking about T-handle drivers. Depending on the brand and set they can be all graduated, two/three different lengths or all the same length. I assume what he is working with is a set that is all the same length.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.