Thread: Mini Max Elite S Mortising Delux table

Mini Max Elite S Mortising Delux table

I added a cople of features to the mortising tables that MM J/P owners have made....speed clamps (Lee Valley) a "T" track with stops... It also has the fence which Sam Blasco and Paul Cresti have...pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

and one more....these accessories work well for end and edge mortices...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kewel...I see you got the tee-track installed! Excellent.

Folks, I really wish my shop arrangement would allow me to put the mortiser on my Mini Max J/P. Great tool and really smooth operation. Someday...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

J/P Table??

Hi Mark

That looks really nice. Can you send me some info on that. Measurements etc.. I would like to make one.

Steven 14" x 32"....3/4" MDF or Baltic Birch ply...."T" track. # screws taped into table 1/4 x 20....Counter bore for heads. LeeValley Jig clamps ..see link:

Dado for the "T" track...drill holes 2" apart for clamps...make sure you are passed the steel table below. Knobs are standard jig toilet bolt type screws.. I used plastic for the stops...hardwood works too.. Roundover the edge... Velcro the allen wrench for the Wescott chuck to the machine. Limit knobs are below table and a little more effort to access...but worth it

Mark,
    Nicely done. If you have the deluxe table does that mean I have the lowly "regular"one Not sure if you use the eccentric clamp or not (maybe it is not there for pic taking only) but it does provide the stability of holding down the piece as mortising. Sometimes as you mortise, the piece can move on you if it is not securely held to the table.

Are you using the "T" track for you referencing also? Do not forget that you now have a way to complete mortise and tenons in just about any size stock. How do you like loose M&T's??

Jim,
    Come come now....can't fit?? ve hav vays ov makin it vit! Remember you will need to make a lot of things for that new place of yours!
    Last edited by Paul B. Cresti; 05-27-2006 at 9:27 PM.

very nice indeed. looks like it provides a lot of flexibility

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B. Cresti
    Mark,
    Nicely done. If you have the deluxe table does that mean I have the lowly "regular"one Not sure if you use the eccentric clamp or not (maybe it is not there for pic taking only) but it does provide the stability of holding down the piece as mortising. Sometimes as you mortise, the piece can move on you if it is not securely held to the table.

Are you using the "T" track for you referencing also? Do not forget that you now have a way to complete mortise and tenons in just about any size stock. How do you like loose M&T's??

Jim,
    Come come now....can't fit?? ve hav vays ov makin it vit! Remember you will need to make a lot of things for that new place of yours!
    Paul, The last picture shows the eccentric clamp...I still use it. The "T" Track allows for a couple of important things. A reference stop to be able to repeat the edge distance when making several identical parts such as aprons or strechers for a table or chair. It also provides a slot for a hold down or Destaco type clamp. You can have the stop on one side and a clamp on the other. Often the eccentric clamp will not reach the workpiece this allows for convienient clamp locations.
    Loose tenons are often better and easier and the results are of higher quality. I have been using them for many years. The strenght is the same as coventional M and T's since the weakest point is the glued rather than monolithic side...it is the same. It is often cleaner because you don't have 4 shoulders and cheeks to flawlesly machine or shoulder plane. You can still use the mortiser for true mortise and tenon work though.....the mortise side is the same the tenon side is just a matter of cutting the perimeter and flipping the piece over...then you have a tenon...or make it on thhe bandsaw or cabinet saw.