Thread: Good magnifying lamp?

Good magnifying lamp?

Does anyone have a source for a really good magnifying lamp that I can use while filing saws? I'm currently using an old Razor, but it has a narrow, easily distorted range of vision. Any help will be appreciated.

I have an Ottlite brand and like it. The optical quality is good. Mine came with a two different lens. They are available on Amazon. Also, I got mine at JoAnn Fabric with a 40% off coupon.

I bought such a lamp from Lee Valley a few years back and it works just fine. I also added the mount for bench dog holes. Here’s the link:
    http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/pag...t=1,43349&ap=1

I was looking for a rolling floor one a while back, and ended up with a Brightech (or something close to that name). They made various quality ones, but the one I ended up with had a glass lens, and very adjustable LED lighting. It holds its position really nicely, and the lens doesn't distort enough to be noticeable like the cheap ones. I remember there being a wide range of pricing available that varied by a Lot.

edited to add the link: They have free shipping over $50, and a 5 year satisfaction guarantee. Mine won't be going back.
    https://brightechshop.com/collections/magnifier-lamps
    Last edited by Tom M King; 10-27-2018 at 9:11 AM.

Thanks much.

On it’s way, must be getting older! So much cheaper than hearing aids..........Who said that!

It rolls, balances, and optics are excellent. Great lighting. You can see your whole hand at once, saw sharpening will be a breeze. Thirty five pounds!