Thread: Craftsman 22124 Pricing

Craftsman 22124 Pricing

Ok, so it's 1:30 am and after a long day I am about to pass out. However, I just found this site about 30 minutes ago and THIS PLACE IS AWESOME. I have used the search function for the above mentioned saw and read that folks are picking up this saw for $600-$700. What is the trick to accomplishing this? I saw it in the $850's last week. I am assuing it is finding a sale price, a 10% off with Sears credit and other discounts combined in one magical event?
    Thanks guys and gals and I really look forward to spending some time here.

Welcome to the Creek, Jeffery. While I don't recall the specifics, I understand catching Craftsman stuff on sale, then applying the Craftsman Club discount (if it still exists), and perhaps another bit off for using Sears credit, combines to get the price whittled down (pun intended). It's likely one of the 22124 saws will chime in and give better details, but that's what I recall from past threads.

Hope this helps -

- Vaughn

Hi and welcome. I got mine for for about 850, that included a mobile base, dado insert, tax, and delivered to my door. When I bought mine the retail price was 950 on sale 150 off. I also had a 10% off coupon, and if I used my card they gave me 10% off. I phoned in the order and they gave me a little extra off on the deliverey charge. Others have even paid less but that was the best I could do.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Welcome to the creek Jeffrey, lots of nice people here. Got my saw on sale for 850.00. Others got great deals but I think thats not as easy as it once was.

Jim Knauss
    I started out with nothing and I have most of it left

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Jeffrey - Last spring was the last time I saw the 22124 come anywhere near the $700 range with discounts. $850 is more the going rate lately. Sale prices and/or the C-Club discount are about the only method for discounts I've seen lately....it never hurts to talk with a number of managers from different stores if necessary to get further discounts.

If you've decided this saw is for you (very happy with mine), $850 is good competitive price for a great saw in this category that offers some advantages over others. At full retail of $1k, I might be leaning toward a full 3hp cabinet saw for a bit more, but performance wise I haven't seen the need.

Good luck and let us know how you do...
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

If you can convince them it's a home appliance, this coupon will net you $30 off. I'm not sure if you can use a C-Club 10% in conjuction. Worth a try. My experience with a recent purchase (dish washer) was they were willing to combine offers.

http://www.libertymutual.com/omapps/...=1058292991193

It used to be that when Sears had a Craftsman club event, you could use your card on ANY craftsman tool. Now it is only valid on the things in the flyer. So basically your card is worthless, the tools are just on sale according to what is in the catalog.
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Jeffery,

Welcome to the "Creek." You're gonna' like it here. This is the most informative woodworking site I've seen, and I think it's the best of any type of forum. Can't help you with the saw, not even sure what kind it is, but you'll get lots of help here. When you pull the trigger and get something, it's not official till we see picutures.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Jeffery, As luck would have it (yours, not mine), I received a Craftsman mailer in the mail today. Inside the front cover was a $50 coupon for stationary table saws. The coupon is good till 12/3. If you don't have one, I can drop this one in the mail (PM me your address). Lars

I bought my 22124 last February when the deals were going on. I chose the 22124 after careful research and asking a lot of questions and I have been very happy with it. At the time I did not have 220 in the shop and my choices were limited but it turned out that it was a good choice. The saw is built by Orion which has very close ties to Delta. BTW, their customer service and support is world class by itself.

Getting back to the deals. At the time when I bought mine, Sears had them on sale for $849 and I used a CC coupon to get another 10% off which brought the price down to approx $764. After getting the saw home and unpacked, I noticed some scratches around the base of the cabinet and called Orion for some touch up paint. They didn't have any at the time and sent me 2 new Leitz blades for my troubles. I decided that these scratches would bother me so I went back to Sears and talked to the manager about a replacement saw and after he realized that it would cost more to come out and pick it up he asked what it would take to make me happy. My answer was another 10% off, he went for it and as a result, I'm into the saw for about $688 plus getting the 2 new Leitz blades in addition to the one which came with the saw.

The irony of this whole story was that I bought a Shop Fox base for the saw and with the saw on the base, you can no longer see the scratches!!
    Last edited by Mike Deschler; 11-29-2005 at 8:33 PM.

Thanks

Thanks so much for the replies thus far. I found out that Wilkes Machinary is about 10 minutes from my house, so I went and oogled the Generals and Woodcrafts today. I also found that the 100,000 sq ft Grizzly showroom (supposedly largest tool showroom in US) is only a couple hours away. SO many options . . .

12. Jeffrey,

I bought the 22124 right before Christmas last year on a 20% off sale then got 10% off that for the "Craftsman Club" (free to join!). End cost $759.99. I looked at Unisaw, Jet, Grizzly, Powermatic, etc. for the $$ the 22124 was the "best buy". (I realize that the "true cabinet saws" are more HP, more weight, etc. but to date I've had no issues with lack of power and I'm very pleased with the Beisemier fence.)

I've been very pleased with the saw although it took some work/time to get the saw set up right. (e.g. Get wings aligned properly, get the blade miter slot alignment dead on, etc.)

Good luck on your saw quest. (The hunt is 1/2 the fun.)

Have fun, make sawdust, be safe . . .

Billbo

I bought my 22124 back in March, and like Bill paid $760 out the door. It tookk me about an hour to get mine set up and was dead on right out of the box. Even the Beise fence was right on the money. I have heard of problems with the cast iron wings not lining up properly, but from what I understand, a quick call to Orion customer support restulted in a replacement wing at no charge and a happy customer. The saw comes with an "el-cheapo" right-side table that is just big enough to hold a router, if you're so inclined. I didn't even install it on mine. I immediately built a 30" table for mine and dropped a router in it.

I also found that I rarely (never) rip anything on the left side of the blade. I moved the Beise tube over about 10" to the right, and I now have 41" of right-side rip capacity. The holes on the fence and tube line up perfectly. I only had to drill and tap 2 new holes to keep the ON/OFF switch in its original location. Here's a picture of it with the fence moved:

Guy:

when you moved the rails did you install a new sticky tape measure?

I also found that I rarely (never) rip anything on the left side of the blade. I moved the Beise tube over about 10" to the right, and I now have 41" of right-side rip capacity. The holes on the fence and tube line up perfectly. I only had to drill and tap 2 new holes to keep the ON/OFF switch in its original location. Here's a picture of it with the fence moved:
    [/quote]

Not yet Mike. I keep saying that I need to do that, but it really hasn't presented a problem. When I started woodworking the first time (25 years ago), you had to measure your rip cut. It's just an old habit now. Even when the Biese was in its original position and accurate, I measured anyway. One of these days, I'll get some new tape and replace it.