Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12" Craftsman Bandsaw?

Cary. I too picked up the CM 12" BS a few weeks back. Truthfully, this is my first BS, but I feel that for the price it is quite nice ($255. with CM club card). When compared to the CM 14" we're only talking a few inches and resaw is 7". She also has enough power for my basic needs. Can you do better, of course. Can you do worse, most definitely. I think as of late Sears has been trying to get better companies to represent their CM line. At least with my table saw I feel like they hit a home-run.

Todd, When I went for my BS, the younger sales person and cashier both looked up my 22400 on the computers and was told that they were out of stock. They called the Sears harware in Easton, P.A. and was also told that they were O.O.S. When my regular sales guy Russ came back from lunch I asked him. He went straight to the stock room and found one for me. Basically, computers are not always right and some sales people just don't like to go that extra mile.

Props to my man Russ

Thanks again to everyone who replied. I went out yesterday to kick some bandsaw tires so to speak with every intention of buying the CM 12". I came across a pretty good deal on a new 14" 3/4hp Delta. It made my decision very tough but I decided to go Delta, put in a riser block and be done with it. Fo anyone intersted, there is a Craftsman Club sail this weekend with 10% off. I got the flyer in the mail today. It has the 10" marked at $125 and the 12" at $270.

Mike,
    That is what happened when I originally bought my 12". The store I bought it from isn't real helpful. When I went to return it, they made no attempt to try to locate another one. I asked a Manager if he would "work with me" on the price of the 14" (which I definitely preferred but too much $$$) - he would only go to 429....the Club price is/was 419. A different store would have sold me the 14" for the Club price even though I didn't buy the 12" from them. That store was the one that checked local availability for the 12. I realize that the computers were/are probably wrong, but I wasn't going to take the chance. I like the new line of CM BS....they seem to be well made and have many good features. A downside is that replacement parts are not available at this time and the blades are not standard sizes, so if you break one....you have to order it and wait a few days. So I ordered the Delta instead.