Thread: Need Help Identifying This Table Saw Blade.

Need Help Identifying This Table Saw Blade.

Hey everyone. I just picked up my first table saw; a Delta 36-714. I budgeted to get a Forrest WWII or comparable Ridge Carbide next, but when I got the saw and checked the free blade that came with it I noticed it is in decent shape and has a fair amount of carbide left (1 chipped tooth though). Can anyone tell me what blade this might be and if it will be something worth resharpening both now and in the future? I tried to match this up on google image but couldn't find anything since most of the label is gone. Thanks for your help.

20181105_204823.jpg20181105_204831.jpg

Don't have a clue as to what brand it may be, but what if you sent it in to a sharpener to have the chipped tooth replaced and sharpened? At the very least, you would then have a "backup blade" or "sketchy material" blade for use when needed. I have always thought that many of the available brands of carbide toothed TS blades don't show much discernable difference in cutting quality and wonder how much advertising affects the average user/purchaser. What tooth configuration does it have?
    David

Just a guess but could that be the bottom of a D E and L as in Delta?

I agree with Doug. Looks like what remains of Delta on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Just a guess but could that be the bottom of a D E and L as in Delta?
    Doug nailed it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Doug and Bruce for the win! Thank you guys so much for a fast and easy ID. I'll be researching this blade to figure out more but David, I think you're spot on that this would make a good "sketchy" blade. Thanks everyone.

My favorite blade is still the stock blade that came with my Unisaw, and I have a Forrest WWII. I believe it was made for Delta in New Zealand, 10”x50 ATB&R.

I'll be checking the mail for my prize. Is it the free car or the steak knives?

Decent size carbide teeth, machined plate, I would say it's worth sharpening.