Thread: Mirka Ceros - proper backing pad replacement options

Mirka Ceros - proper backing pad replacement options

Morning!

My Ceros needs a new backing pad. The instruction manual calls for part number "916GV15" which I am able to find. However, I also found a pad for this unit(with of course a different part number) which is marked as "soft density" as opposed to the original which I *think* is "medium density". Finally, there are two other variations using "J hook" design and "Palm Hook" design.

So confused. All of these by the way are genuine Mirka parts. Should I just get the one listed in my instruction manual or is there a benefit I might get from switching up to one of these alternate choices?

Thanks!
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

The pad density decision comes down to how you use the sander and for what. Big, flat surfaces are better with the stiffer pad while working frequently with workpieces where you get more involved in things like rounded edges, etc., can benefit from the softer pad. Many folks like to have multiple pad setups available so they can be flexible. I can't help you with the specific parts as I'm not familiar with Mirka, however.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The pad density decision comes down to how you use the sander and for what. Big, flat surfaces are better with the stiffer pad while working frequently with workpieces where you get more involved in things like rounded edges, etc., can benefit from the softer pad. Many folks like to have multiple pad setups available so they can be flexible. I can't help you with the specific parts as I'm not familiar with Mirka, however.
    This is sort of what I was thinking.
    --

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.