Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Valley's Cyber Monday sale - what did you get?

I threw a LH shooting plane in my cart, excited to finally get one. Then I tried to check out and was told it was gone. Missed it that quick. Grr.

They sell bandsaws in Canada (hence Malcolm’s point about Canada in his post), and there aren’t any exclusions on using the gift cards for Festool or sawstop here as gift cards are essentially equivalent to cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasin Haroon View Post
    They sell bandsaws in Canada (hence Malcolm’s point about Canada in his post), and there aren’t any exclusions on using the gift cards for Festool or sawstop here as gift cards are essentially equivalent to cash.
    Did not have time to read the small print while doing the checkout (who had?), but I think last year's Cyber Monday Day cards could not be used for Sawstop and Festool. They could not be redeemed for cash either.

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post
    Did not have time to read the small print while doing the checkout (who had?), but I think last year's Cyber Monday Day cards could not be used for Sawstop and Festool. They could not be redeemed for cash either.

Simon
    Yes, there are some restrictions:

• Limit one card per customer
    • Redeemable on future purchases, excluding Festool® and SawStop products
    • Can be redeemed on orders placed online, by phone, by mail or at our retail stores in Canada
    • Sale price applies to our special event cards only
      (sale does not apply to electronic gift cards)
    • Gift cards do not expire
    • Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash
    • Discounted gift cards cannot be used to purchase other discounted gift cards

at least the US cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post

Simon
    While it says they cannot be redeemed for cash - that really pertains to the face value. You can always get refunded for what you paid from us. In the case of a discounted gift card, the refund of an unused amount would be proportional to what was paid. That's only fair.....

Cheers -

Rob

Blog Entries
    Checking our credit card and I see a charge equal to the discounted gift card on Nov 26, and it wasn't me. So- I know what one of my Christmas presents is!!!! Looks like she took the hint. (Note: Hint was "Hey honey- go to LeeValley dotcom and you can save today only on the gift card that you need to get for me for Christmas" not exactly subtle!)

Nice. And you’ve probably been checking every 15 minutes for days just to make sure no unauthorized transactions show up

I was able to get a tenon saw and a #4 smooth plane (for some reason just never bought a smoother before) along with a gift card. The only thing sold out when I ordered was the set of skew rabbet planes, but I feel guilty a.) buying a lot of stuff for myself during holiday sales and b.) buying more than one of the "good stuff" so I just limit myself and tell stories of what could have been.

I was disappointed that there weren't any bench chisels this year... I got a 1/4" A2 chisel last year and I love it. Even though I started my collection with PM-V11 chisels, I would take either at this point. If I don't find any "must have" tools before the next free shipping offer I'll probably burn the gift card on these.

--Dan

Thanks for the clarification, Rob.

Looking forward to next year's CMS already!

Simon
    Last edited by Simon MacGowen; 11-28-2018 at 8:03 PM.

Just out of curiosity, does Lee Valley run a Boxing Day sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Bancroft View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does Lee Valley run a Boxing Day sale?
    Hi Tyler -

There is a store only clearance event after Christmas..... stock will be different in each store. If you're not signed up for email notifictaions, I'd recommend you do so. You are in full control of what you receive from us, and your email address is not shared...

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi Tyler -

There is a store only clearance event after Christmas..... stock will be different in each store. If you're not signed up for email notifictaions, I'd recommend you do so. You are in full control of what you receive from us, and your email address is not shared...

Cheers -

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    What's that, you say? Don't wait until after Christmas to order the new Rikon bandsaw? Well, if you insist...
    Cheers,
    Tyler