02 Dec 2018

Greetings,
I finish up oncall duty at 08:00 hours tomorrow morning. I will be taking vacation this coming week so my true hope is to spend some significant time in the shop getting some stuff done. I hope. Seems like every time I turn around, I'm having to do something else besides work in the shop. Fix something on the house, take someone to the doctor, work on documentation for the day job (oh fun stuff that is) and other stuff that keeps me out of the shop. I got my hearing aids last Tuesday and that's been a totally new challenge for me as I have "some" hearing loss but can hear "generally well". I'm just not used to the world be so "loud" as it seems with these hearing aids of mine. I guess we'll see how this goes for another week before I go visit my audiologist again.

One of my major challenges that I've been working through is trying to train people that want to be a musician for our little church. I'm not professionally trained but I can play guitar, bass guitar, and some keyboard skills. I'm best at bass guitar but decent at guitar. Teaching people about music, intervals, chord structure, and just basic skills has been challenging to say the least. I sure do need better ways of explaining what I know in ways that helps others understand and learn about music and their instruments without me feeling like I'm deciphering a scientific thesis topic to a non-scientific audience.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all!