Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Gives With American Express Card

Zounds, if I had a card like that I'd give it up too. We've never experienced availability problems or fees like that. We always get the flights we want on Delta, easier if booking in advance. Maybe it helps that my wife is a wizard at travel planning.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    ...I also have an airline miles card, but have given up on it as the rules and availability of frequent flyer flights have made the miles darn near impossible to use. ... they will add "fees" of about $650 to your "free" ticket to London, while at the same time selling the same out of season ticket for $500 if you just pay cash. ...

Blog Entries
    I now have a bank card issued by my bank. I have not experienced any difficulties with it. They provided me with a debit card to retrieve funds from their cash machine if I need it. The credit card works the same except it is a credit card requiring repayment. he debit card funds draws down the account balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    It hasn't been that way for me for at least 10 years. WAY back, they charged a higher percentage and paid only once a month.
    I had Amex try a convince me to accept their card over 30 years ago but they refused to lower their charges so we refused to accept their card from customers.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

For merchants that use Square or Paypal the rate for Amex is the same as for any other card. Paypal offers a service to take cards in person and not just online.

I have a very small side gig where I use Square to take credit cards and I can take pretty much any form of credit card including Apple Pay and other phone payments.

Brian, same for the payments with QuickBooks...same fee across the board except for ACH which is free.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    My vet refused my American Express card. I still have the card, but it is retired.

Food for thought.

nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/retailers-accept-american-express/

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    My vet refused my American Express card. I still have the card, but it is retired.
    People are different. My eye surgeon signed up to accept Amex when I said I'd like to use it to pay for Lasik.