Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first thansgiving as a yank :-)

Talking My first thansgiving as a yank :-)

I think I remember telling you guys about the fact that I had applied to be a citizen to this great country, the USA.

Well, on November 9 2005, I was given my paperwork and got a handshake from an INS officer telling me congratulations. I just got the papaerwork telling me my ceremony is next week.

I already went out and bought my "Proud to be American" sign and it is hanging in the shop with pride.

I am SO proud to be a part of this blessed country..Thanks for reading.

Thanks

It might be a little premature but........................................

Welcome Rob........and thanks for considering us good enough to join! As you know by now......we may not all agree on anything.....but we all have the right to disagree!

Congrats and Welcome!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Rob,

Congratulations and welcome to citizenship. We are glad to have you.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Now that qualifies as a "gloat"! But, but.....but.....Where's the pics???? Come on, Rob. Give it up....Shop pic with the sign!!! Hey, seriously, a BIG congrats to you! Glad you decided to join us!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Rob, Congratulations on your about to become a U.S. Citizen. You are correct this is a blessed country and a country that's great in many ways. Welcome aboard.
    Life Sure Is Great! Enjoy It.

Like the other Rob I want to congratulate you and say welcome.

welcome rob,and congratulations. tod

Rob,
    Congratulations to you, and thanks for the reminder - for all of the things with which we are blessed.

OBTW, we recently received the paperwork confirming my son's US citizenship. It was both a proud day and a relief.

Wes

Bigtime congrats, Rob. We'll expect some pics sooner or later to confirm the gloat, of course, but we'll let you slide for now, seeing as how you are new and all. BTW, does this mean we can no longer refer to you as "that durned Limey"?

- Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan
    Bigtime congrats, Rob. We'll expect some pics sooner or later to confirm the gloat, of course, but we'll let you slide for now, seeing as how you are new and all. BTW, does this mean we can no longer refer to you as "that durned Limey"?

- Vaughn
    Once a Limey, always a Limey............:-) I do get dual citizenship so I will still have the Limey in me.

Thanks y'all

Congratulations and welcome to the family (we sometimes fight like family) but there is one thing you should know--We don't eat Marmite on Thanksgiving!
    Good, Fast, Cheap--Pick two.

On your mark

get set

Jury Duty!

Congrats, bro
    Only the Blue Roads

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    On your mark

get set

Jury Duty!

Congrats, bro
    Jury duty for me will be quick and easy, If He/She is a woodworker, He/She is guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Littleton
    I think I remember telling you guys about the fact that I had applied to be a citizen to this great country, the USA.

Well, on November 9 2005, I was given my paperwork and got a handshake from an INS officer telling me congratulations. I just got the papaerwork telling me my ceremony is next week.

I already went out and bought my "Proud to be American" sign and it is hanging in the shop with pride.

I am SO proud to be a part of this blessed country..Thanks for reading.

Thanks

Now maybe if we could just get these bleeding heart liberals to feel that way about this country....did i say that outloud?

Congrats, and hope you celebrated in style...

I agree with Tim M.

I can't tell you how happy I am for you Rob. When I read your post, I felt a little tingle down inside. Can't describe it...but it was good!! Congratulations!!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson