Thread: First tool box

First tool box

It’s been a long while since I’ve been around or had any shop time, but I made some time and finally put together a tool box. I had forgotten how much I enjoy being in the shop working. Now that I can at least pretend to be organized I hope to get more projects done.

A41E7D8D-FA8A-4860-85AD-0094056C1550.jpgB1D790E1-9DC4-4F0E-A9F7-4A47E21E581C.jpegA86CA316-1246-43E9-837B-415BAB9BA206.jpg

Welcome back! Nice toolbox!
    I missed something in the 3rd pic - is the wedge on top part of the toolbox or just scrap?
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thank you! The wedge is part of the box, it’s a lock to keep the lid closed.

Awesome job

And you built it with all of those Japanese Tools there?

Kenneth,

Nice work. For such a simple box the Japanese tool box is surprisingly functional. I use one for my traveling kit and it holds everything needed for making "stuff" while on the road. Easy and cheap to build, light and functional, you can't ask for more.

ken

Tate, I did. It’s been a fun learning experience.

Ken, thank you. I built it for pretty much the same reasons as you, though I don’t plan on traveling with it any time soon.

Very nice. I like those tool boxes. One of the good things is when you need more room you just make another the same size perimeter wise and they stack neatly. You can make it deeper and they still stack up.
    Jim

Nicely done. And glad to hear you've made it back into the shop. I also agree that there's something elegant about that box design that's hard to pin down. Hope to see more soon.

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra