A few months ago I purchased a Laguna 18bx bandsaw. It is what everyone said it would be works great. I found the table not quiet level , when facing the saw as you would use it the far right hand side is slightly lower. I don't feel this will cause me any grief as I shimmed it slightly at the leveler and most went away. the fence fitting needed .002 shim again no real issue. These are things that came up on reviews so I somewhat expected an issue or two. After all I did not buy the Italian made. I have had and do have some grizzly tools and it always seams you have to tinker just a little bit to get them perfect. Mostly it's some little thing that is easily fixable in an hour or so. Well worth the cost savings. Any time I have ever had any trouble from grizzly they were johnny on the spot getting to corrected. I think their reputation exceeds them in this area and is well known. Back to the laguna I find it a real nice saw, again for the money. I did not think I needed the extra height but I have used it already and I am glad I have it. The ceramic guides so far are the cats meow, I think they shine for the green wood and sense this is at least 50% of why I use it I feel it is going to suffice.

The bad news is the on/off switch failed. I thought, ok no problem and called the tech department. I had already trouble shot it but went and did what they asked anyway. They determined it was the switch. I agree I said. This was last Thursday. I told the tech guy I have a large amount of wood on the ground that needs to get processed asap, while green, so please get the switch to me as soon as possible. He replied and asked what service I thought would be most dependable in may area, being that it was Thursday I said send it USPS 2day priority and maybe I will get it Saturday at worst Monday. He said ok he would ship it right out. So I spent the Friday and Saturday chainsawing up some very large blanks and keeping them wet. No part came on Saturday so I figured soak it all down and tarp it keep it wet. No part Monday, hum I'm patient so I waited till Tuesday still no part. I called because they sent no way for me to track it and after getting bounced around I wound up at and answering machine. So I left a message, no call back, called the next day same senrio. Called again today and when the guy answered the phone I told him of my troubles and asked if he could look into this and see where that part is. He did and told me it had not been shipped yet. Well that kind of did it, that made me very angry with laguna several calls and in the end they never shipped the dadgum part. This is straight up poor service. I certainly hope this is all that goes wrong with this machine. So I spent several hours sealing up entire blocks of wood trying to keep it green as I can till the part comes in and now I have to go back to work. I work 7 days on and 7days off out of town. so I hope this wood isn't all cracked to poo by the time I return. I really hate wasting sealer. Right at this moment I would not advise anyone to buy Laguna if for no other reason the service. I know things go wrong and I really do not mind dealing with little issues but when I need them to hold up their end of the bargain, I expect them to. Now not when ever they want to get to it. Yes I'm angry and I'm just venting but dangit they need to get their service right.

I realize this is just a machine, but I work on machines called helicopters for a living and I'm certain that the people riding in them expect me to do my job right. Everytime!

Thanks for listening to the rant I feel much better now!