Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finish Nailers - Seeking Recommendations

I used a 16-ga for a long time, then went to a 15-ga MAX and a 18-ga porter cable. can't get parts for the PC anymore so I will be replacing it soon. I also have a senco 23-ga..nice little gun.

Grex makes arguably the very best pin nailers on the planet.....

Their other nailers,,,,not so much....I sadly found this out after spending $99 on a 15 ga. Grex finish nailer. (bought on closeout. Gun was $199 marked down to $99)

While mine has yet to give me any problems,,,it's just a matter of time,,,it doesn't do such a good job of leaving a divot free surface.

Speaking of which- -the big difference between a decent gun & a cheapie is:
    - How little divot the hammer leaves.
    - Availability of rebuild parts kits.
    - Proper operation at lower air pressure.

Since there isn't much mystery about how an air nailer is put together by the factory, it's the finer things & attention to detail that escalate the cost - - or as in the case with Grex - a long buck is charged on name alone.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Craigslist or marketplace for the win. I grabbed all bostich 23 ga, 2 18 ga and 2 16 ga finish nailers for $100 a bit ago.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"