I made my current bench about 14 years ago. The top is made of 4 layers of plywood with a hardboard surface. It has a grid of 3/4" round dog holes with a Veritas twin screw vise and a Record front vise. Has lower cabinets where I store frequently used tools. I has worked perfect for me over the years in terms of design, but the top is no longer flat. There are dips in couple critical locations, and given the materials it is made out of, it would be hard to flatten it. So, I have been thinking about making a solid wood top to replace the current one. I don't have space for more than one bench, so this will be used for all purposes.

While researching different options, I came across with Noden Adjust-A-Bench. Seems like a good idea. I am a hybrid woodworker, so I use hand tools as well. One question that came up for me is whether Noden Adjust-A-Bench is rigid enough to hand planing, chiseling, etc. Most of the reviews online seems to be from 10-15 years ago. I am looking for any owners here that can provide some feedback, especially long term performance.