Thread: 2/4 lenght on wishing wells

Question 2/4 lenght on wishing wells

I want to find out lenght of 2/4 for wishing wells?Do most people use treated ones on bottom row?Thanks for any help Mike

Wishing Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stanton
    I want to find out lenght of 2/4 for wishing wells?Do most people use treated ones on bottom row?Thanks for any help Mike

Mike please give us a little more information on this wishing well, sounds like it might be for the outside garden, so yes, treated material should be used for longer life of the piece. Will it have a canopy on top ? Also sounds like maybe it could be octagon and those angles could use a mitre saw. Pictures posted when finished will be required.

Length of 2/4.....as long as you can get'em.... ;-)

Anytime wood needs to come in contact with the ground or concrete, always use PT lumber....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Wink

Here is a picture of a wishing well I made awhile back. It has 2x6 cedar on bottom with 2x2 on inside screwed to the 2x6 plus it has a shelft on inside for plants. with a cedar roof.Mike

Question trying to post picture

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stanton
    Here is a picture of a wishing well I made awhile back. It has 2x6 cedar on bottom with 2x2 on inside screwed to the 2x6 plus it has a shelft on inside for plants. with a cedar roof.Mike

Trying againto put picture.Mike