Thread: Nordfab design with Clearvue CVMax

Nordfab design with Clearvue CVMax

Hello,

I am laying out Nordfab ducts for a CVMax cyclone (not purchase yet) using SketchUp 3D models of the ducts. I plan to go with Nordfab for future modification in case of relocation and expansion. Expensive, but probably worth the investment down the road.

8-inch main

Nearest to the cyclone, the first two branches are for a Felder KF700SP. One branch is for the saw operation; the other is for the shaper operation. 8-8-6-inch, 45-deg wye before connecting to a 6-6-4-inch, 45-deg wye then reduce to 5-inch hose connector. Each branch with its own blast gate.

Next two branches are similar, 8-8-6-inch, 45-deg to 6-5-5-inch, Y branch for bandsaw and floor sweep. The branch left of the bandsaw is for a drum sander on mobile wheels.

Next is another 8-8-6-inch, 45-deg wye to a Felder Dual 51 jointer/planner with 6-inch port and the drill press.

After that, the main trunk is reduced to 7-inch and split two directions using 8-8-8-inch, 30-deg wye. The rest of the wyes are 30-deg branch and ultimately reduce to 5-inch hose connector.

The two 90-deg turns use long-radius elbows, 8-inch diameter.

Nordfab makes a 11-deg elbow specifically for the CVMax to level out the duct run because the entry angle of the cyclone inlet is 11-deg. I haven't done any rough math, but I don't think this would work for my shop given the short distance between the cyclone and first wye branch for the saw.

I am looking for feedback regarding this design. Any change should be made given the collective experience of the forum members. My shop is a 3-car garage that is more of a 1-car garage during certain time of the year!

Thanks!

dc_full_view.jpg dc_near_run.jpg dc_far_run.jpg

A perimeter design isn't necessarily "ideal" from a duct length point of view over to the J/P which is a major chip producer, but if conditions dictate you take that path, it should still be fine. If you want to play with the idea, cut a diagonal off a wye from the run on the cyclone wall over to the J/P to service that (and the intermediate overhead drop) and points beyond and just stop the run out to the big bandsaw at the big bandsaw.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim,

The perimeter design is the only option for this space. A diagonal run from the cyclone to the JP is not possible due to structural objects such as garage door tracks, opener, etc. If these were not in the way, I would have gone that route in my design. Thanks for the suggestion.

I figured there might be something that influenced that path, but had to mention things as I did just to be complete. I think you'll be fine.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...