Thread: Ahhh The Search Continues.....

Ahhh The Search Continues.....

I think I might have posted this a while back but we are having issues locating black granite (Small grain) in sizes larger than 12X12" (24x24 preferred). I'm looking for something in the 24X24" range with a small grain size that's more suitable for laser photo engraving. We have used Laser Sketch in the past but the are having some supply problems getting their product out of China lately. Johnson plastics carries 12X12" but nothing larger. Home Depot has absolute black but the grain is usually really large and coarse and is not good with photos. Mongolia Black granite works good but difficult to locate in the states. Anyone have any ideas?
    Thank you for any feedback!
    Mike

I was searching for black marble without veining in it years ago. I went to a tile company and explained what I was looking for and they knew exactly what I wanted. They said they didn't stock it but it could be ordered and here in a couple of days. Might be worth stopping by a tile place and asking if they can get it for you.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

I engrave Black Marble Plaques for a local vendor. They tried a large number of sources & finally found a supplier in China. They had to buy in bulk, but finally got the type of plaques they wanted. I wish I could use them for other purposes, but they have holes drilled for plaques attachments.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC