Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Pile of Slabs

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    That building looks big enough for an indoor arena. Someone near here has one and makes a living boarding horses, renting arena time, and renting the space for area ag and equine events.
    JKJ
    Yep
    Looks like a Morton type building that's been repurposed slightly. That overhead door in the rear rear Could be a hazard in an indoor arena. Could be tall enough to pull a trailer through.
    The "footing" also doesn't look like "dirt".

I'll add to Dan's dilemma and let him know that if that's compacted indoor arena footing, there's $20-$30K in "dirt".
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

It also looks, at most, 50 feet wide, and probably not long enough for an indoor arena either.

Not a tree in sight. You are right, that is not an area for me. I like visiting the desert, but I would hate to live anywhere where it's not green. Hope it works out for you, though, no matter where you end up.

John

Yeah, how do those horses survive there, heat and lack of food, water? Is that barn air conditioned?
    I do like those outbuildings, wish they could be airlifted or something

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    It also looks, at most, 50 feet wide, and probably not long enough for an indoor arena either.
    You're probably right. Since the Google satellite image was from before the shop was built I got distracted by the big white-roofed building just to the north which is about 100x200'.

The missing building on the correct lot is much smaller, based on my estimate of the size of the small fenced horse paddock next to the barn in this picture, maybe 115'x140'. The 50' width of the new shop building is believable based on the width and height of the man door in this picture, allowing for perspective.

_temp.jpg

Now that I'm looking at the correct property, it doesn't look good for boarding horses or renting for events! I'd probably pass on that property just because of the small acreage and the close neighbors, but that's just me. Nice looking house, though.

To Dan, you might be amazed at what you can find for that kind of money around here. And in the heart of woodworker's paradise with free hardwood everywhere! I know several people who moved to this area from the western dry lands, one because of some discussion on a sister woodworking/woodturning forum!

JKJ

You have to feed them. Anyplace here where you put water hay will grow. Some areas have extensive irrigation districts. Oddly though, you've heard of wild horses eh? We have them everywhere you go outside the city, and sometimes they will stray in to feed on the golf courses too. Or your front lawn. The altitude at that property is probably about 4500' above sea level. High desert. It's not hot all the time, in fact it's snowed out there today. It's a natural environment for horses, warm bloods anyway. If you want trees we are about an hour away from Lake Tahoe. Check that out on google satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hall View Post
    You have to feed them. Anyplace here where you put water hay will grow. Some areas have extensive irrigation districts. Oddly though, you've heard of wild horses eh? We have them everywhere you go outside the city, and sometimes they will stray in to feed on the golf courses too. Or your front lawn. The altitude at that property is probably about 4500' above sea level. High desert. It's not hot all the time, in fact it's snowed out there today. It's a natural environment for horses, warm bloods anyway. If you want trees we are about an hour away from Lake Tahoe. Check that out on google satellite.
    Nice, thanks for the info, would have never thought about the wild horses.